Saturday, June 26, 2010

#276 Koto-ku Aomi

Unfortunately I could not find an image online to go along with this post.

I think what I like the most about Sato's images is the fact that he manages to take things that people see everyday and make them extraordinary. In this photograph he takes this big, what appears to be an office building, and somehow he manages to pull your eye towards this incredible light source rather than the gigantic building that would normally draw the viewers attention. I don't think this image would have worked as well any smaller. Even though the photograph had to be in two different prints, I think it was well worth it. Also, there is just something about seeing Sato's work in person rather than just looking at his images online. Looking at the prints is a new experience all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment